Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How do you transfer Windows Media Player tags from one computer to another?

Just finished updating the tags for my 1,600 songs on my laptop. All my songs are stored on an external hard drive but when I plug in the external hard drive to my desktop my updated tags don%26#039;t come with the songs. What file do I have to copy from my laptop to my desktop to bring over the updated tags?

How do you transfer Windows Media Player tags from one computer to another?
First, WMP doesn%26#039;t do a good job of tagging, in fact I am suspect that it actually edits the tags, I think it just updates it%26#039;s own .wmdb file. I use Tag%26amp;Rename it actually edits the tags, and can be read by any device properly. WMP stores it%26#039;s info in a couple of database files, as long as the drive letters are the same from one machine to the next you can reuse these files. (i.e. the music is stored in c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\my music) on both machine. Else it won%26#039;t work.





The files are located in your profile folder @;


(split to ensure you can see it)


c:\documents %26amp; settings\


your profile name\


local settings\


application data\microsoft\


media player





Currentdatabase...... should do the trick!



credot siosse

No comments:

Post a Comment